Dr. George W. Kay, D.M.D., M.M.Sc., D.A.B.O.I./I.D.
Dr. Kay is a Prosthodontist and Diplomate of American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry and the American Board of Forensic Dentistry. He has been a prominent clinician and a dental educator to a generation of dentists and prosthodontists. He has delivered more than 25 presentations to dental societies across the country and abroad on prosthodontics and dental implants, and has authored several articles in peer-reviewed journals. He is an inventor who holds two patents and has several patents pending for instruments that he has invented to improve radiological imaging and other aspects of dental care.
After completing his undergraduate education at Brown University, with Honors, Dr. Kay earned his D.M.D. degree cum laude from Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 1980, followed by Master of Medical Science degree in Oral Biology from Harvard Medical School in 1984. His post-doctoral training included a general practice residency in the Dental Department at Brockton Veterans Administration Medical Center in Massachusetts as well as certificates in prosthodontics (Harvard School of Dental Medicine, MA) and dental implants (Misch International Implant Institute, MI). Dr. Kay was Board Certified by the American Board of Oreal Implantology/Implant Surgery in 1991. He has maintained a private practice dedicated to Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry in Boston since 1981, and at the current location in the Prudential Center since 1984. In addition to Bostonians, patients from over twenty other states and one dozen foreign countries come to receive care from Dr. Kay.
Dr. Kay has been a course director and clinical instructor at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine since 1984. In addition, he serves as a court-qualified expert on dental matters to the legal profession and as consultant to dental companies.
Dr. Kay's professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Fellow
- American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics , Member Information Technology Committee and others
- American College of Prosthodontists, Associate Fellow and member of Nominating Committee
- International Congress of Oral Implantology, Fellow
- American Society of Osseointegration, Associate Fellow
- Polskie Towarzystwo Implantologiczne, Honorary Member
- American Board of Forensic Dentistry, Diplomate
- American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, Member Information Technology Committee and others
- Massachusetts Section, American College of Prosthodontists, Past Secretary, Treasurer, and President, and current Secretary
- American College of Oral Implantology, Active Member
- American Academy of Dental Science, Member
- American Association for Dental Research, Active Member
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society of North America, Associate Member
- Academy of Laser Dentistry, Active Member
- American College of Forensic Examiners, Member
- American Dental Association, Member
- Massachusetts Dental Society, Member
- Metropolitan Boston District Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Gamma Gamma Chapter, Faculty Member